We’ve all been there, so don’t despair. Whether you’re fueled by enthusiasm or trembling with trepidation, these can-do tips will start you on your way.
- “I really paid a lot for that.”
- “I just haven’t gotten around to wearing that yet.”
- “That just needs altering.”
- “I’ll fit back into that one of these days.”
- “Fashions always come back around.”
Sound familiar? We all have things we hold on to. Note the reasons that pop into your head, because once you know your reasons for holding on to those things, you’ll be better able to move forward and make room — literally and figuratively.
Start by getting rid of 10 items (or five — just pick a number that isn’t zero). In one quick sweep, you might be surprised what you can toss without a struggle. If you’re afraid of biting off more than you can chew, be assured that you can accomplish a great deal nibble by nibble, drawer by drawer, row by row.